Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More on freedom

A truly moving interview with the founder of 1984bbs, a Chinese free speech website (that closed 2 days ago). He lost his job and was taken in by the police for questioning three times. Makes you wonder how many Liu Xiaobo are out there...

Also check out Evan Osno's blog on the topic, I find his observations quite insightful (not just for an American :P)

On a personal note... this is the last week of me in China, and therefore the last week of my blog. I think I have had my share of exhibitionism and will return to a private life from now on :) Thanks to all of you (yes, both of you ;-)) who kept following me on this journey. Chances are, I won't be able to sit still for more than three years... maybe I'll blog from Africa next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment